Thursday, September 5, 2013

Preparing for the Best


What if there was all this good going on and because we are so preoccupied with the news distractions, we couldn’t see it and prepare for it?

I realize the news also provides distractions from a lot of other really important stuff such as our rights being continually eroded.

But what I am dealing with here, is the opportunity to keep doing good things, to keep yourself engaged in work that is important to your own heart and soul and practical welfare.

What if we missed getting prepared to do this work by being distracted?

I recently had a distraction, and when I realized my new inspiration, I put the distraction away and got to work.

I got to work so fast and so powerfully, that I can only imagine what the long-term effects of being distracted would have cost me.

You know, I really don’t care about dire predictions, and crisis.

I care about staying on my course.

I can’t keep jumping at the newest revelations of corruption.

But what I can do, is keep pouring out materials which inspire people to engage their hearts and be authentic and keep working for all those little things that continually and persistently uplift society.

I can keep preparing for the best.

They say, you get what you prepare for.

I can do that.


© 2013 Kathryn Hardage
www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment