Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Two Wonderful Experiences

I had two wonderful experiences yesterday.

After reading and writing in the internet cafe at Barnes and Noble, as I drove towards home, I received a phone call from a woman who picked up my music manuscript notebook and spiral which I had left.

I turned around and went back and retrieved it from the cashier, who commented twice on my spiral journal cover, that it was so beautiful.

Since it was an original design that I had sewn, I was delighted to receive her unsolicited and sincere recognition and appreciation.

And of course, it was wonderful to discover that it was not an employee of the store who called me, but simply an individual wonderful person who was able to offer comfort and compassion before I even missed my notebooks.

I love the spontaneous supportive acts of people.

It reminds me of who we all really are and how we all like to take care of each other.


© 2013 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment