Wednesday, October 3, 2012

State Fair


 

This past weekend I helped staff the BeeKeeper booth at the State Fair of Texas.

It was fun meeting people who were interested in the demonstration beehive.

They asked questions and I answered them to the best of my ability.

I am a first year beekeeper.

When I was off duty, I went to other shows and exhibits.

Since this is a huge operation, I thought about all the coordination that had to be done to produce it.

Parking for attendees.

Parking for participants.

Lodging for animals and people.

Food for animals and people.

Exhibit areas.

Rest rooms.

Traffic flow inside and outside the fairgrounds.

Provision for weather changes.  (It rained later in the day.)

Judging and displays before the Fair opened.

There is so much good thought putting together every aspect of the Fair.

As it was Opening Day, I was amazed at the support I was given crossing the street from the train, finding my booth, and being directed in every way.

The fairgoers looked like they were having a wonderful time.

The presenters were revving up their patter.

The Midway had its attractions turned on.

Everything moving in one direction had the support of everyone to flow harmoniously.

It showed me what is possible when everything is going in one direction with voluntary participation for making it all work.


© 2012 Kathryn Hardage
www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment