Thursday, October 17, 2013

Choosing a View


It is inaccurate and unfair to give anyone or anything else the power over you or your situation.

This includes your personal situations, your work, your relationships, even your government.

It you look to someone else or circumstances as a cause, you lose the opportunity for self-development and personal growth.

Furthermore, you give up control when you blame something or someone else.

As I began to gain control over my attitude about myself during a long period of severe trial, I was amazed to discover that I got most of my own goals accomplished plus a bonus.

I was really able to discover that by loving myself all the time, and I had to develop the capacity for this, I grew so far beyond my present circumstances that not only was I affected, but so was my husband.

I learned what I desired to learn from a knowledge standpoint, and I became able to realize that negative motives could never undermine my feelings about who I am.

This was so important to me, because I always felt I was battling an impossible situation in life due to early childhood trauma.

By overcoming what looked and felt like aggressive tendencies from outside, and concentrating on what I was living with inside, I was able to completely transform my living and working situation.

And my husband was affected positively also.

If I and other individuals can do this for ourselves, it seems to me that our collective development of this practice will transform our community and government situations, as well.


© 2013 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment